Consultancy Service for the Home Owner
You can select all or part of the following consultancy service, from inception to completion depending on what best suits your needs.
- Initial Client meeting to agree the brief, timetable and budget.
- Provide detailed advice on all aspects of the project for you to consider before committing to the project
- Preparation of sketch designs for discussion and agreement with you and, where necessary, discussion with the Local Authority Planning Department and other relevant specialists.
- Submission of the Planning Application (and Listed Building Application where required) together with supporting information to the Local Authority planning department for approval.
- Preparation of Building Regulation drawings and supporting information and submission to the Local Authority building regulation department for approval.
- Preparation of fully detailed working drawings, specifications and schedules for tender and construction
- Send out the full tender package on your behalf and provide a tender appraisal when quotations received.
- Appoint your preferred contractor and set up contract documentation.
- Manage the project, visit site to inspect the work, check progress and answer queries. A site inspection report can be issued following each visit.
- Conducting a full monthly site meeting with you, the contractor and relevant design team members.
- Preparing valuations of work carried out and completed, and certifying for payment each month.
- Carrying out an inspection when the project is finished (Practical Completion), and again 6 or 12 months later (on the expiry of the Defects Liability Period) at which point the Contractor will return to put right any defective work.
- Negotiating the final account and advising you of the final payment.
Consultancy fees are cost effective and dependent on the size of the project. Percentage fees may be of concern if build costs rise so we will seek to submit a fully detailed fixed fee on all projects.
Disbursements such as local authority fees, printing & mileage will be added to the fee quoted. Other professional consultant fees will be charged separately.